The recent Covid-19 pandemic has exposed several unprecedented challenges for governments and organizations across the globe. As a responsible corporate organization, IMC is committed to support and comply with Government mandates, and to do our part to confront this public health crisis.
Safety Measures by IMC
The Company’s ‘Safety First’ philosophy remains the cornerstone of our approach to tackling these challenges. Our priority remains the safety of our employees and communities. In compliance with government directions, the company has put in place various protocols for when the lockdown is relaxed and the Company’s operations can resume.
- We have implemented remote working during this time, and intend to return to work with minimum staff at our premises in order to maintain social distancing.
- Enforcing avoidance of large gatherings at our premises.
- Suspension of business travel.
- Enforcing daily sanitization and daily body temperature screening for all employees.
- Daily disinfection of the entire facility and transport vehicles shall be carried out.
- Mandatory use of face masks.
- Educating employees on the risks of coronavirus and proper personal hygiene measures.
We have been informed by one of our employees that they have tested positive for COVID-19 on 18 April 2020, during the lockdown. In accordance with the government mandate, IMC’s premises have been closed since 23 March 2020, and the subject employee was last at work on 20 March 2020. Hence, the employee has not been in contact with any of the Company’s employees or stakeholders since commencement of the lockdown. Our prayers are with the employee and their family as they make their way towards recovery, and we will continue to support our employees during this challenging time.
We have extended our support to our dealer and vendor communities, and together we strive to better serve the needs of our customers. In order to support those impacted COVID-19 crisis, we have also taken various actions to date, including
- Donated PKR 2.50 million to Saylani Welfare Trust towards grocery hampers for distribution amongst 2,000 families in neighboring communities.
- Distribution of food hampers amongst 7,350 under privileged families worth PKR 22.50 million.
- Donated 50,000 surgical masks to SIUT help our hospitals and medical staff on the front lines.
- Donated a ventilator to a Karachi hospital.
- IMC authorized Dealers across the country have also extended assistance to under privileged communities through financial assistance, distribution of food hampers and Personal Protective Equipment for hospital staff.